,Important Questions for Interviewing A Real Estate Agent:
If you are thinking about putting your home on the market make sure you are asking the right questions when you are interviewing a real estate agent. Here are the five most important questions to ask before making a decision.
1. Are you a full time agent? One of the biggest complaints sellers have is that they cannot reach their agent or their agent won’t return calls. Your home
sale is much to important to have part-time service hence find the right agent!
2. Do you have referrals or testimonials? A quality agent will always happily provide you with a list of referrals/references. If they do not offer them up
front – ask! See: http://www.stlouisrealty.net/testimonials/
3. How will you market my home? Just as important, what are the results from your current advertising? A good agent will track all of their advertising and utilize what works. Keep in mind, it is not just where you are advertised it is how you are advertised therefore do your photos and marketing remarks represent your home in the best way possible. The goal is to make sure that every buyer looking in your area, price range and style of home not only finds your home but finds great photos and descriptions of your home that SELL it!
4. What is your commission rate? Also ask if there are any miscellaneous or hidden charges. At St. Louis Realty we charge 5% to sell your home, saving our homeowners literally thousands of dollars because there are no hidden fees and if we do not sell your home you do not owe us a penny.
5. What do you think I should list/sell my home for? The answer to this question is not always who can say they will get the most for your home. Agents can be known for “Buying the listing” which means pricing a home higher than they know it will sell for so they will get the listing and then in addition its listed at a reducing price to get the sale. You should get an agent that prices aggressively but is based on recent home sale comparables and not on what you want or hope to get.
First of all, selling your home can potentially be the MOST PROFITABLE financial transaction you will have. Furthermore make sure you have an expert dedicated solely to your best interests. Call St. Louis Realty today! One of our expert agents would love to interview with you and explain why we are the best choice for your home sale!